There’s a food truck in Bentonville, Arkansas that makes the most amazing crepes! When I saw this recipe in Food & Wine I knew I was going to have to attempt it. Unfortunately, my crepes didn’t come close to the food truck crepes… but they were still yummy. If you attempt this recipe…let me know how your’s turn out! 😉
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon ONEHOPE Muscat dessert wine
1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
24 strawberries, sliced
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the salt. Add the milk, egg and 1 tablespoon of oil and whisk until smooth. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. In another small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey, Muscat and zest.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet. Rub the pan with an oiled paper towel. Add about 3 tablespoons of the crepe batter, swirling the pan to coat evenly; pour off any excess. Cook the crepe over moderate heat until the bottom is brown in spots and the sides are crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip the crepe and cook for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a baking sheet; repeat to make 7 more crepes.
3. Fold the crepes into quarters and bake until hot, 4 minutes. Place 2 crapes on each plate. Top with the yogurt sauce and garnish with the strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
– One Serving 241 cal, 9 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 33 gm carb, 1.7 gm fiber.
– This recipe is from Food & Wine
In need of wine? Shop My Store and make an impact…one bottle at a time!
Sending you big (((Hugs))) ☺️