Now that it’s officially fall, it’s time to use the last of your summer fruits and embrace the new season! This week’s ‘Tasty Tuesday” recipe is perfect for a side dish to complement a main meal, or as a main dish served with some protein. Pair this salad with ONEHOPE CA Chardonnay to bring out the sweet aromas of vanilla, coconut, and tropical fruit in the wine. This healthy salad is also a sweet treat!
– ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard (regular Dijon works too)
– 2 teaspoons honey (use pure maple to keep this vegan)
– 1 teaspoon fine kosher salt
– ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 10 ounces baby arugula
– 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– ½ small red onion, sliced
– 8 ounces feta cheese (omit to keep this vegan)
– Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a jar with a fitted lid.
– Whisk or shake until emulsified.
– In a large roomy bowl, add the arugula and some of the dressing. Toss to coat the arugula.
– Add the remaining salad ingredients and more dressing.
– Toss gently.
*Recipe courtesy of ONEHOPE Wine Blog